OneDrive is among the most widely used solutions, in part because of its generous free lifetime plan that offers 5 gigabytes of free storage. Microsoft OneDrive undoubtedly has drawbacks as well, though. Your data may at any time be hacked because of the weak privacy and security measures of this system. For instance, end-to-end encryption is conspicuously lacking, leaving all sent data vulnerable and freely accessible to anybody with the will to look.
Thankfully, there are several reliable Microsoft OneDrive alternatives available.
On Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, and iOS, MEGA is a secure cloud storage service that supports end-to-end encryption. For consumers who have never used a cloud storage service before, MEGA has a lot to unpack.
- A standout free package offered by MEGA is as follows: Excellent free plan with 20GB included
- The service’s zero-knowledge encryption ensures the security of user files and data
- Effective cooperation choices are limited by robust security
- TLS GDPR compliant for all users globally, end-to-end AES-128 encrypted
- support for 2FA
- Paid and unpaid plans
- Nothing is kept in the United States
- code that is easily readable
- File versioning and a huge quantity of storage
- Transparency reports issued annually
- a few restrictions on collaboration
- no live chat or phone support
Most of the popular operating systems, including Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS, have applications for cloud storage service. Additionally, you may use the web panel function of Sync to access it from your browser.
- Sharing files securely
- After sharing a file, you may always withdraw access to it and adjust access rights for all files
- Team Collaboration
- With Sync, you can establish granular permissions, brand your folders with your company’s colours and logo, and more
- remote file access
- Restore and Backup
- You may roll back any file to a previous version thanks to its file versioning. Files that have been deleted up to 365 days ago can be recovered
- Your Sync plan comes with a vault-style storage area.
- superior security
- affordable prices
- file sizes are limitless
- Year-round versioning
- explicit privacy policies
- The UI needs improvement.
- decreased sync speeds.
Dropbox offers free storage of up to 2GB and paid storage of up to 100GB on various plans. Teams can use the 350 GB of free storage that it offers. To transfer data, it employs 256-bit AES encryption security. It offers the ability to increase the storage space by up to 100 GB for a fee. The screenshot function streamlines taking screenshots by eliminating the dragging items into the window and copying the sharing link. On your Mac or PC, just turn on the screenshot-sharing option.
We can add comments to shared files utilising the commenting option, such as using email or chat to discuss your modifications to the file.
- There are apps available for almost every operating system
- Flexible selection of tools for collaboration
- Good options for premium subscribers
- Using digital signatures
- Limited options for free users
- Restricted search capabilities
It is a rather modest service that has only received 1 million downloads from the Google Play Store. Pcloud is specific in that it is a European company, so if you are looking for an alternative to the US or want to have your data stored in Europe this cloud may be the best fit for you.
- Software for all widely used platforms, including PC and Mac
- End-to-end encryption (with all paid subscriptions using crypto feature)
- AES 256 encryption both in transport and at rest (even on the free plan)
- Sync and backup files from well-known outside cloud storage providers (Dropbox, Facebook, Instagram, OneDrive, Google Drive)
- Protect your data by using encryption
- Virtual pCloud drive
- Outstanding back-up
- Free up to 10 GB of storage Archive Your Important But Rarely Used Files
- Don’t include helpful features in the free version
- pCloud crypto has a separate subscription